The SETI League's Volunteer Coordinator for Hawaii
Rachel Tortolini, born 12/2/48, Lynn, Massachusetts.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 1970.
- Oxford University, English Literature (Exchange Student), Oxon, England, 1969-70.
- B.A. & M.A., Mathematics & Philosophy, St. John's College, Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Fe, New Mexico 1979.
- B.S. Computer Science, California State University at Sonoma, 1984.
- M.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 1989.
- Residency in Psychiatry, Loma Linda University, 1989-1992.
- Residency in Family Practice, University of Hawaii, 1994-96.
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice, 1997.
- U.S. Government, 1970-73, Strategic Arms Limitation Talks, Technical Assistant for Communications Technology.
- Lockheed Missiles and Space, Sunnyvale, 1979-80, Hubble Telescope and Haley Comet Fly-by Missions, Communications Systems Engineer.
- Hewlett-Packard, Signal Analysis Division, 1980-82, Development Engineer on 8560 Series Spectrum Analyzer Project.
- Molokai Family Health Center, Kaunakakai, Hawaii, 1992-94, Emergency and General Medical Practice.
- Bay Clinic, Hilo, Hawaii, Family Medicine and Surgery, 1997-present.
- Medical Staff, Hilo Medical Center, 1997- present.
- Member Mensa USA since 1980.
- American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Practice, Hawaii Medical Association.
- SETI League charter member and Project Argus pioneer.
Significant other (seen above):
- 2 year old talking Congo African Grey parrot named "Meeka" (now sadly deceased).